Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
a. Senior Inspector (Buildings)
Ref: CPSB/05/06/2014 (a)
b. Senior Inspector (Roads)
Ref: CPSB/05/06/2014 (b)
Job Group - L
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the planning of supervision programs for large complex building/roads projects;
- Monitoring and supervision of works in progress;
- Assisting in preparation of monthly physical progress reports of individual projects;
- Ensuring specifications and standards are adhered to during construction of buildings/roads;
- Arranging for testing of materials;
- Preparation of cost estimates and schedule of materials for simple buildings/roads on labour contracts;
- Allocation of Duties and supervision of staff carrying out repairs and alteration of existing buildings/roads;
- Preparation of cost estimates and schedule of materials; and
- Control of usage of materials on site.
Requirement for Appointment
- Served in the position of Inspector or Comparable position for a period not less than 5 years for roads.
- Have a diploma in Civil Engineering/Building Construction from a recognized institution.
- Attended a Supervisory Management Course lasting not less than 4 weeks.
- Show administrative ability, wide knowledge and experience in preparation of drawings and management of drawings.
- Show administrative ability by being conversant with government procedures
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.