Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Job Group - P
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation and Reporting on contractual claims from contractors,
- Checking valuations for payments to contractors, resolution of disputes on cases requiring litigation or arbitration;
- Responsible for cost information services, control and implementation of tendering and procuring procedures for construction projects, preparation of cost hand books, handling correspondence, reports and papers on policy matters.
- Preparation of cost estimates, Bills of Quantities; Monthly valuation on site; Site measurements;
- Preparation of variation orders and final accounts involving the implementation of development projects for the County.
- Supervise quantity surveying services in the county and supervise the staff working under him or her.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Served in the grade of Chief Superintendent Quantity Surveyor or comparable and relevant position in the Public Service/Private Sector for at least three (3) years
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in Building Economics/ Quantity Surveying or its equivalent from and relevant qualifications an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Be registered with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya as a Quantity Surveyor;
- Corporate Membership of the Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK) or Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK);
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized Institution; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of quantity surveying functions.
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.