Export Processing Zones Authority is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament Cap 517 of the laws of Kenya to oversee all aspects of development of Export Processing Zones (EPZs) in Kenya.
The economic objectives of the EPZ program include employment creation, export diversification / expansion, investment attraction, technology transfer and backward linkages between the EPZs and domestic suppliers.
The Authority has the following vacant position:
HR Payroll Assistant
Key Responsibility Areas
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updating payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Preparing reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee salary, statutory and other legal deductions income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Providing payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A Diploma in business or human resources from an accredited institution
- A certificate in computer proficiency
- Must have at least two years relevant experience
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body
- Should have analytical, communication, data entry, general math and financial software skills
Method of Application:
All eligible candidates are advised to download the job application pack by clicking on the link EPZA/HRPA/4/6/2014
The duly filled-in respective ‘EPZA Job Application Forms’ should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the application forms should not be accompanied by testimonials.
The Job Ref. Number should be indicated on the email subject line.
The closing date for receipt of the forms is 1st July, 2014.
“The Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer”