Position: Payroll Accountant
Company profile: Our Client is in the Transport and logistics Industry
Main Purpose of the Job
The Financial Accountant will perform a variety of general accounting tasks within the accounting department.
• Working on Payroll for all the as well as counter checking the hours in the Time & Attendance.
• Counter checking the Manual Changes reports with the rectifications done on the Time and Attendance Clocking Sheets.
• Reconciling the number of Employees in the payroll every month end.
• Posting of all the Payroll entries in their respective Salary Accounts
• Checking and verifying full and final dues for the calculated by the Human Resource department as well as appointing of new workers in the Time and Attendance system.
• Liaising with the Financial Controller for any unpaid staff via bank due to wrong account numbers or blocked accounts and prepare cash payments for the same.
• Salary Payable Reconciliation.
• Counter checking and verification of Casual Workers payment reports.
• Preparation and calculation of all the statutory deductions.
• Verification of payroll reports in the accounting System.
• VAT and Employment related compliances such as NHIF, NSSF etc.
KPIs/ Performance Measurement
• Managing the production of timely reports
• Setting up efficient systems and processes
• Processing accounting data
• Ensure accuracy in maintaining and entering financial data/ records
• Bachelors Degree in any business field.
• Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
• CPA (K) designation preferred or equivalent international qualifications
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks and Tally preferred.
How to apply
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line and preferred location. Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted