The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium Enterprises (AGF) was set up to significantly increase the access of African Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) to finance from the financial sector.
Our key mandate is to assist financial institutions increase their financing to African SMEs through the provision of partial financial guarantees and capacity development assistance.
AGF is seeking to recruit a Capacity Building Officer based in Nairobi.
The Capacity Building Officer’s role will be to assist the Director Business Development in implementation of AGF’s capacity development facility and provide support to partner lending institutions.
Duties and responsibilities
The Capacity Building Officer will assist the Director Business Development to:
- contribute to building relationships between partner lending institutions and business development support providers, promoting effective tripartite relationships between partner lending institutions, business development support providers and SMEs;
- develop and implement AGF capacity development strategies, approach papers and operational policies;
- prepare, manage and implement annual capacity development budgets and work plans;
- conduct and/or lead capacity development needs analysis for AGF clients to determine learning outcomes needed for client’s business success and collect information about target beneficiaries;
- coordinate identification, procurement and contracting of qualified providers of capacity development;
- design training curricula to achieve targeted learning outcomes;
- oversee training material production, quality assurance, revision, translation and production by consultants;
- coordinate training activities including organising and planning training workshops logistics;
- coordinate knowledge management and sharing fora for AGF for capacity building initiatives;
- manage the AGF resource centre and an online platform for access to training materials, tools, refresher trainings;
- develop and implement methods to monitor and evaluate the results of capacity building programs and capacity building initiatives;
- prepare regular capacity building Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) reports.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field;
- At least 5 - 8 years’ managerial experience, preferably gained in a development financial institution coordinating capacity building initiatives;
- Strong knowledge of strategies, approaches and tools in capacity development;
- Have a good understanding of financial institutions’ approaches to SME lending, risk mitigation strategies, loan appraisal criteria etc;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the SME context in Africa; and
- Excellent project management and consulting skills.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org,quoting the position title.
Provide details of your current and expected remuneration.
Apply by 30 August 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.